Service update from 1st June 2020
COVID-19 Update - 1st June 2020
We would like to thank everyone for their support and understanding during these troubling times and hope that you and your loved ones remain well.
With this latest update, we’re pleased to announce that we shall be introducing a more comprehensive essential repairs service (subject to the availability of contractors) where this a service Co-op Homes provides for you, from 1st June as we enter the next phase of a controlled easing of lockdown.
This will not be a full repairs and maintenance service. All repair requests will be initially assessed by the team and only passed through to a contractor if there is one available and all additional health and safety measures to safeguard all concerned can be met.
We therefore ask you to:
- Please call us to report a repair if this is a service Co-op Homes provides for you. We ask you NOT to use Fixflo to report repair requests online at the moment. We will need to discuss the urgency of your repair and ask you questions about the health of your household, other COVID-19 related issues and check the availability of contractors before accepting your request so please phone us on 020 3166 2608.
- You may also email a request with your details including a contact number to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will call you back.
- Only contact us if your repair cannot wait. This is due to the restricted availability of contractors and the need for us to prioritise our resources and focus on the more urgent repairs.
- Be assured that contractors will be wearing the necessary PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) and only attending in accordance with the guidance set out in their company’s Health and Safety Risk Assessments.
- Please ensure that you and any members of your household adhere to the current recommended social distancing measures and respect any requests operatives make when they arrive for the appointment. Failure to comply could lead to the contractor refusing to enter (or immediately leaving) your property and not completing the repair/service.
- Note that jobs will only be attended if there is a confirmed appointment date.
- Keep your communal areas clear to reduce fire risk. Our team is still here to help if you wish to report items dumped in communal areas;
- Contact us if you have any concerns about your rent, or to set up an arrangement to clear any arrears please get in touch and we’ll talk you through and help you arrange any support we can offer.
- Be assured that we will continue to look for ways to support our most vulnerable customers.
- Note that our offices at Teddington and at our co-ops are still closed and our team is currently working from home. This will be reviewed on a month by month basis.
We hope to have a full service up and running as soon as possible and we will use our website to keep you informed of any major changes as a result of the Government’s revised guidelines.